Cavity Wall TiesJosephSapsed
Cavity wall ties are an essential component in the construction industry. They are used to join the inner and outer leaves of a cavity wall, ensuring that the wall remains stable and structurally sound. In this blog post, we will discuss the purpose of wall ties and their benefits.
What are Cavity Wall Ties?
They are metal or plastic strips that are inserted into the cavity wall during construction. They connect the inner and outer leaves of the wall, providing structural stability and preventing the walls from separating or bulging. They are installed at regular intervals to distribute the weight of the wall evenly and ensure that it remains strong.
Benefits of Cavity Wall Ties
- Structural Stability: provide essential support to cavity walls, ensuring that they remain stable and structurally sound. Without wall ties, the walls could bulge or collapse, leading to serious safety concerns.
- Long-lasting: Cavity wall ties are designed to last for the lifetime of the building. They are made of durable materials such as stainless steel or galvanised steel, which can withstand exposure to the elements and harsh weather conditions.
- Cost-effective: Cost-effective solution for ensuring the structural stability of a cavity wall. They are relatively inexpensive and require minimal maintenance.
- Easy to Install: Cavity wall ties are easy to install, making them a popular choice among construction professionals. They can be inserted into the wall during construction, or retrofitted if necessary.
- Versatile: Can be used in a variety of construction applications, including new builds, renovations, and extensions. They are suitable for use in all types of cavity walls, including those made of brick, block, or stone.
Why are Cavity Wall Ties Used?
To provide structural stability to cavity walls. They prevent the walls from bulging or separating, which could lead to serious safety concerns. Cavity wall ties also help to distribute the weight of the wall evenly, reducing the risk of stress fractures or other structural damage.
In addition to their structural benefits, they can also help to improve the energy efficiency of a building. By connecting the inner and outer leaves of a cavity wall, they create an insulated air gap that can help to reduce heat loss and lower energy bills.
Cavity wall ties are an essential component in the construction industry, providing essential support to cavity walls and ensuring that they remain stable and structurally sound. They are cost-effective, long-lasting, and easy to install, making them a popular choice among construction professionals. If you are planning to build or renovate a property, it is important to ensure that wall ties are installed correctly to ensure the structural stability of the building.